Wednesday, October 8, 2008

does anyone have any good news for me?

As KM put it the other day, my life is a country song.

Unfortunately, it seems to get sadder as the days go by. Crash and I have been texting and talking like normal. We just don't say i love you, and don't say I miss you as often. It is good to talk to him. But alas, both of us have been to the doctors in the past two days. He has bronchitis and I have 8 stitches in my thumb. I told him this morning that he needs to just accept us, cause obviously when he doesn't, we have issues. (the last time we split, he ended up in the hospital with a hole in his intestines.) I'm not counting on anything, just going day by day and talking. Who knows what will happen. My mom was funny, she told me the other day that she didn't think things were actually over when I told her about our split. So, we'll see if mom is right or not. I mentioned that I had spent a few hours sitting on the beach in San Diego and how I wished there was more time to do so, and Crash responded that we still had our vacation to look forward to. So we'll see how things work out. Day by day, moment by moment...

I also got news that a person I had been friends with while I lived in Vegas was killed over the weekend. It was 2 weeks short of his 22nd birthday. He was found with his ATV on top of him somewhere in the desert outside of Vegas. So sad that someone so young is gone from this world. He always had a smile and a good hug.

And then last night I was rushing to dry dishes at the end of the day cause the dish washers were so far behind. In my rush I ended up dragging the blade of a steak knife across my thumb, and required 8 stitches. I can't use my thumb... And am in fairly extreme pain. Its quite difficult to do the most ordinary tasks... like using a spoon. Or pressing the space bar as I try to type. And I don't even want to think about how it will affect my ability to knit. Or do all of my job.

anyone got a good joke or a happy story to share?

3 comments:

km said...

I'm off to the library this morning, but my afternoon should be more free. If you're online, we could chat. If not, I'll try to send an email. (((HUGS)))

Code Purl said...

"Hey, you got any smoo?"
"I don't know. What's smoo?"
"Nothing really. What'smoo with you?"

Alyssa said...

OH NO!! I love you hun!! I hope things get better soon. You're too nice and sweet and amazing to have all this crap happening around you.