Friday, October 31, 2008

BOO!

Happy Halloween!

We are winding down to the end of this leg of my tour. Only two cities remain on the list. I'm off to St. Louis, MO in just a few hours, and then from there Green Bay, WI. I kind of feel like that Johny Cash song that they use in the Holiday Inn Commercials. I've covered the country coast to coast yet again.

Yesterday we did a big of decorating for Halloween...
and I carved a family of pumpkins. Finally added some fun to my work day. I apparently have a skill at carving, as I did all four jack-o-lanterns in less than an hour. Its a misfit family though, of leaning and slanted and oddly shaped pumpkins. The attitudes were easier to deal with too, which was nice. I have another two months of dealing with them... well, only 5 or 6 weeks of actually being on the road, but its still time of dealing with the being the odd person out and dealing with the attitudes of my boss, as there is no chance to switch to lighting at this point.

It is time to start thinking of what comes next though. Where am I living? Where will I be working? Who will I be working for? Where will I be going? Ack! Too many questions!

I get to see Crash for a night this weekend. Our schedules overlap and we are both in St. Louis on Sunday night. And in the same hotel, so we don't have to search too far to find each other. It doesn't seem real that I will get to see him. Its been 5 weeks now since we spent time together, the longest we've gone since we met without being in the same place. Things have been really good the past few days... he's making steps to get over his fears of being loved and we'll see where we end up. The first week of my break allows us 6 days of being together, and I'm definitely looking forward to that time.

I'm aiming to finish up the scarf I'm working on in the next few days. With a 2 plus hour flight today and another to get back to Boston, I should be finished before I get home for break. Next up to finish is the sock (and then cast on for the second sock and finish that... I'll need to do some mad knitting so I have those done for my Thanksgiving deadline. Then there is the scarf for Crash's Christmas present scarf to cast on, and the baby blanket which still needs 6 brown squares and 7 green squares to be made. And then I have to sew the pieces together. And I'd like to make a hat that actually fits me. Oye, so many projects! And I'd like to get started (and finished) on a sweater or two so they are finished before the warm weather is back.

Have fun with your costumes and trick or treating. I've not costume this year... but maybe the afternoon will turn one up.

4 comments:

km said...

Happy Halloween. I had to work, but it ended up being fun. So many people coming in last minute for costume findings, and I got to help. 3 wouldn't even hang out with her daddy last night. Her PopPop (grandpa) was there and she wouldn't let go of his hand.

Have a great weekend!!! You deserve some fun time together.

Leah said...

I hope you had a fun Halloween! We had a schleppy one, but fun...I haven't even stolen any of the kiddo's candy yet. I have such willpower!

Alyssa said...

I can't wait to see you!!

Code Purl said...

Love the pumpkins. We were traveling on Halloween. Just got back from Texas today. We saw an awesome NASCAR race. Julian was in heaven.