Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BREAK!

Its official. I have two full weeks where I don't have to wake up at 5:25 AM.

And what did I do on my first day of not having to wake up? I woke up, wide awake, at 6:45 AM. UGH.

Ah well, its a travel day, and I'm off to the airport in just a few minutes. I fly to Chicago, where I get to spend 2 lovely hours in the airport waiting for my next flight. And then, I'm on to Boston. It will be so nice to be home for a few days and away from the stress of my job/boss.

I finished the scarf... it was a quick knit. But I seem to have issues counting to four. Especially in the bind off row. Ahh well, it still looks cool. And I really love the color combination that my friend choose. I'm going to try and block it a little bit when I get to my parents place. See if I can get a little stretch out of it, as its a touch shorter than I had hoped it would be.

I'm working out the pattern for Crash's Christmas present scarf. I'm going to see if I can make this mosaic pattern I found work for it or not. The pattern comes from a sock pattern and was established in the round, so I have to see if I can make it work or not for a back and forth knitting experience. Alas, the yarn for that got sent home in a box, so I have to wait til tonight to give that a try. I also think I'm going to purchase the pattern for the Somewhat Cowl and get that cast on while I am home for break.

I need to do some thinking about my next steps in life over the course of this break. I only have 21 work days before the conclusion of this tour. I'm not sure what I want to come next. I know that this job has made my headaches worse. I wasn't suffering from them nearly as much before I started this tour. Or even at the beginning of this tour. I need a change. But I'm not sure what that change is just yet. Is it leaving the road and finding myself a new home? Is it moving back to lights and staying here on the road? Is it a transition to something else (corporate, production)? A return to school for the cooking classes I think of taking? Hopefully answers will start arriving soon... the countdown to January 8th begins quite soon.

A collage of pictures from my journey to come,,,, I'm off for the last of the packing.

No comments: