Saturday, November 22, 2008

Surviving Frigid Temps and Fighting a cold

I am barely surviving up here in the cold north. I've not been outside since Wednesday. And won't until tomorrow morning and I have to go to the airport. I've been fighting off something or other... a virus, a cold, I don't know. But my throat has been irritated, I'm sneezing and I'm exhausted. I think I feel better this morning... but we'll see how I feel when I get to working for a few hours.

Luckily the last few days have been really mellow and easy. We've not had full out meal times just yet, as we've been in rehearsals. Today is the first show. So, hopefully it goes smoothly. The one good thing is knowing the exact end of the day. I'll be back to my bed by 10 pm at the latest. Yes, I'm a young girl who is looking forward to being in bed as soon as she can on a Saturday night.

North Dakota seems to be very flat and very desolate. As well as very cold (I think the thermometer read 3 at one point last night... 3 Fahrenheit that is). I'm off to Wisconsin next... I don't think its much different there. Perhaps more beer though, as we are heading to Milwaukee.

I'm loving the pattern I choose for the second start of Crash's scarf. But I'm not sure on the yarn. I might have to change my choice and order something new. Have to decide that in the next day or two though. I'd love to get some good cashmerino for it... but I'm not sure I want to spend that much. Right now I'm using an alpaca, but its just not as soft or drapey as I'd like it to be. Any good ideas for a guys scarf yarn?

No comments: