Thursday, November 6, 2008

ARGH!

Tonight I got out my sock to work on. I was figuring I might be able to have one sock finished before the end of the night. Unfortunately that is not the case. I have significantly less of my sock done. I got through one round and realized a stitch had been dropped. In attempting to get it back on the needle from where it sat, several rows below my needles, I lost yet another stitch.

So I pulled stitches out for a few rounds, and tried to get them all back on the needles. And failed miserably at that.

So I pulled out a few more rounds and tried again. And that didn't work either.

I went and had pumpkin cake with way too much icing, much to the amusement of my parents. And then I had an idea of taking a sewing needle and thread and running that through the stitches. So I did that, and slowly and painfully pulled stitches back onto the needles. I got what looks like all of them, yet doesn't add up to all of them. I have all of the sole stitches but am missing three of the top ones. Which I guess I will just add in on my next round. I think where it has a pattern on the top, I just knit stitches together that should have been kept separate. At least I didn't lose the hole thing... I just don't get to start the second one just yet.

I need to get better light for the room I stay in when I'm here at my parents so this doesn't happen again. Especially with the dark yarns I am using for the current projects of these socks and Crash's scarf.

Tomorrow I am off to NYC for the weekend. After I get a new hair color and cut. I'm hoping there isn't much traffic and the drive is quick and easy.

1 comment:

Leah said...

That's actually a story of triumph. Losing those teeny tiny stitches off the little wee needles...well, fellow knitters know just how annoying that is!

And as for light, I'm practically going blind crafting at night in my house--we have nice atmospheric lamplight, which is all very lovely, but dreadful for knitting...