Monday, November 10, 2008

I made a hat today!

I feel very accomplished right now. I made a hat today. I cast on about 12:30 and I sit here with a completed hat on my head. And its a quite cute hat if I do say so myself. It was supposed to be a beret with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky that I picked up this weekend in NYC. But alas, its more of just a cute hat. It didn't get to the beret shape at all. Could be that i didn't up my needle size from my 10.5s to the 13s that it called for in the body of the hat. I didn't have 13s... so I just figured I'd wing it. And I almost ran out of yarn. I had to skip the straight knitting rows in between most of the decrease rows. So, its my version of the super-simple fast and easy chunky hand-knit beret...

And check out my new hair... I added bangs and got a new color. I am still getting used to how the bangs feel on my forehead, but I love how they look. Cute, eh?

The weekend in NYC was good. I much preferred the quieter times than the loud brunch, but it was great to catch up with friends and be back in the city. I hit three yarn stores, and only bought one skein of yarn... which is now the hat. I couldn't refuse, it was on sale and matches my winter coat perfectly. I picked up a pair of ballet flats, which feel just like having slippers on my feet. The food was good, the company was better, and I've had my fill of the city for a bit.

Tomorrow I head to Boston to spend days with Crash. I'm already packed, which if you know anything about me, means I'm beyond excited for this visit. I never pack til the last minute. I'm not sure I'm liking the pattern I choose for his scarf. I'm going to give it a few more rows tonight and then make a decision on it.

How are your projects coming? Any fun changes going on in your worlds?

2 comments:

Leah said...

You look great! I love the cut and color. And what a cute hat. Have fun with Crash!

km said...

Cute hat. I've been knitting hats too. I'll get back to your email soon. Gmail has been fussy today. I finally logged in, and now don't have time...