Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Out of Sorts

I feel like every time I sit down to update what's going on and what I'm up to, I am out of sorts and not making the most sense. It stems from the constant movement and being in a different city every day. Its the part I love and hate about this job. I've seen more places than I ever thought I would, but I've been more tired than you can ever imagine at the same time. Toss in a glass of wine with dinner, and I'm not sure my mind works in a reliable pattern.

Its been a crazy few days. We're on the third show of three in a row. Luckily, they have been good venues with good hands to put all of our stuff in. And two of the three were inside shows. The middle one, the on on the home turf for me (well, home turf because the big boss was there) was outside. And you guessed it, it rained on us again. We have not yet had a day where there were no rain drops. So much for getting a tan and napping in the sun. I cross over the boarder tonight into Canada for shows in Montreal and Toronto. I do get an extra day off in Toronto though. Apparently we are playing on an island, and to get to this island, you have to cross a bridge. The bridge can't handle the weight of our trucks, which means no lights. That makes me happy. There won't be much to do, but maybe I can finish my second sock (which I did cast on last night). I'm excited to get to my happy feet yarn. I'm guessing that that might be the cause of second sock syndrome. The desire to use new yarn, rather than repeating with the yarn you have already made one thing with. Too bad we can't just wear mismatched socks all the time, eh? (I'm getting ready for Canada).

I am very happy out here though. Everyone from my home life that I sound happy. And I feel happy. So it must be true.

I have been starting to chat with a couple of boys from match.com. Its been interesting thus far. One is quite the romantic, and keeps proposing picnics in Central Park and candle light massages. But I don't think he quite gets this lifestyle as a job. He keeps asking when I'll be back in NYC so we can meet. And stating how important being together is in a relationship. And while I do agree, it is important, I'm not willing to give up a job I love and a place I am happy for a relationship. I've had so many jobs in my life, finding one you love is hard. And while finding a guy you love is hard too... I need to find one that understands my life isn't in one place all the time. Most often, its going to be in a different state every two to three days. We'll see how things develop.

And now, for dinner... and a show. More from Canada tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dame Wendy said...

I can understand feeling out of sorts. It must be such a blur sometimes.

Enjoy Canada!