Monday, June 9, 2008

Oye... How time goes by

Its been days since I had the time to dedicate to filling you all in on my life. I've been to a different country and back again. I've been stranded on a island with little to do for a day. I've been woken at 4 am by a border patrol man to make sure I really was the girl in the picture on my passport. I've tried to tell stagehands that spoke french where my things went.

Its been crazy, but I love it. We are outside of DC today, and things went in like they were supposed to. There were a few errors, but nothing major. A few could have been avoided had I paid a spec more attention. A few were unforeseeable, like one of the important motors breaking. We have more extreme weather to add to the challenge of the day. Its hot and humid and sweaty.

The stream of consciousness writing continues for me... I get to the point where I can sit and write and it all just flows out of me in the most random of orders. I had posts planned about "Par le vous fransais (ok, I spelled that wrong, but I studied spanish, not french!)" And my time lost on an island off the coast of Toronto. Which was a bit boring, but nice to be out in the wilderness. And to have a work day off. I also got some alone time on the bus, where I was able to catch up on Top Chef. I can't believe they sent Antonia home. But, alas, I'm still rooting for Stephanie so the first woman can win this competition.

I've had a chance to bond with the girls that are out on this tour. We did a girls day at the movies, where we saw Sex and the City (including a smuggled in bottle of white wine) and followed that with a leisurely dinner. Its nice to feel like I have people to grab dinner with now. Or do something on the days off with.

I did get to a point just past the turning of the heel on sock number two. I'm not happy with it, cause once again, I mixed patterns. Part of me wants to just toss in the towel on it and say oh, screw it. And part of me just wants to continue along with my made up pattern and see where I end up. Its been too hot to even touch my yarn the past few days though. I'm about to add in ball five to the clapotis... I think I'll repeat through another ball so it gets a bit longer, and then start to decrease into the corner. I really need to get started on my mother's purse though. Because its the third incarnation of the pattern, I just keep putting it off.

I found out today the company I've ben working with for this tour doesn't have anything to send me out on when this one is over. So, I'm hoping another connection will come through for me. I hear that they are looking and desperate for people, so say a prayer or cross your fingers for me, which ever you prefer to do.

So, thats a bit of my rambling. Tomorrow I'm off to Brooklyn. The show isn't sold out yet for all you NYCers if you want to come say hello and enjoy some good music. Just let me know if you're coming by so I can say hi.

1 comment:

Dame Wendy said...

My fingers are crossed for you! :)