Friday, December 26, 2008

Five Courses, all a success

Happy day after Christmas. I hope no one else decided to brave the mall like I did. I got the call to come pick up my computer, which is partially fixed, and spent just under an hour in the mall. I then spent over an hour trying to exit the parking garage.

Yesterdays feast was quite a success. Everything came out just as I had hoped it would and was enjoyed by the family. Recipes were requested as well, which is always a good sign. My brother survived the change in menu, and actually went back for seconds. The cheesecake was rich and creamy. The tenderloin was perfectly cooked. The only issue was the complaints when I apparently sliced the cheesecake in pieces that were too large. No one but my family would complain because I am giving them too much cheesecake.

I did have a mini breakdown last night though. Its been a tough month with missing Crash and not being able to spend the holiday with him, or to know when we will next be able to spend time together. Combined with my anxieties about moving and next steps in life, in my state of exhaustion last night, I collapsed and was awake at 3 am, second guessing everything (and crying on the phone with him). I keep listening to Crash talk about trusting God's plan for life, and then I start questioning is the planning I'm doing my plan or God's plan? Am I planning this move to Chicago because its God's plan or because its what I want to do? I guess the only real way to find out is to do it and see what happens. The opportunity to have an apartment there seems to have fallen in my lap, so there is that door that has been opened for me. Perhaps I just need to think less, and just go with it. At least that's what Crash kept saying last night...

No comments: