Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to work...

Tomorrow I fly to Fresno, California. I will spend a few days there, hit Vegas, Bakersfield, CA, Ontario, CA (thats California and not Canada...) and then Portland, OR. And then I am done. No more job. No more long days of serving people breakfast, lunch and dinner. No more boss that makes my life miserable. No more early mornings for a while.

I'm not ready to go back. I want days and days more of sleep. I want some of those days to include Crash. I want nothing more than to have some time to cuddle and be held. And laugh with him... we haven't been laughing much and I need more of that in my life right now. But both of us are stressed. That makes it hard to laugh, and makes it hard for us to thrive. Huh... I just realized that. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the stress we are having. I forgot how important laughing is.

I finished reading a book that had a great impact on me. I Dare You, by Joyce Meyer. I stumbled on one of her speaking programs sometime this fall, and have been reading some of her writings and listening to some of her broadcasts and ministries ever since. This book spoke to me in so many ways. I felt like she was describing the thoughts in my mind in so many of her passages. It definitely helped me through a lot of yesterday. Combined with talking a bit with Crash, crying a whole lot, and praying a whole lot. I am learning how to relax and let go and not be fearful. I think its going to be a long road, but I'm ready for the journey.

I am not however, ready to awake early for a long day of traveling to California.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment and for stopping by my blog - I love when my posts resonate with others.

Especially when it seems like I'm all alone in the feelings I've had approaching this big birthday.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed the snow in MA while it lasted!

(If you ever want to chat, feel free to email me: missbee2007 AT gmail DOT com)

km said...

Ok....I have so much to say....or wish we could just chat about it. But my computer time is zero right now.

Do you realize that in Ontario, you'll be much closer to me than you were in L.A.?!?! If you're at the Citizen's Bank Arena, then M's office is across the street from you. Let me know when you're there...and maybe I can come visit you. Hopefully you'll have some time off when you're here. =0)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

There are 3 yarn shops in Bakersfield my favorite is ABC'S Of Creative Pursuit.Hugs Darcy