Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Project Updates

I've got two projects that I am fully enjoying on my needles right now.

First the sweater....


I am loving my FLS. The yarn is beautiful, it knits up fabulously, and I think the color is perfect. I've got one repeat of the lace work done after the separation of the arms. There is one mistake that I think I fixed... but we'll see. I somehow lost count on the top part and increased one extra time, leaving me with 8 extra stitches somehow. I think I balanced them out by making a larger button band. And if I am off, the mistakes in the lace will be under my arms.

And second, the scarf....


Finally on try three I have a scarf that I love for Crash. I bought some Knit Picks Andean Silk yarn, and I decided to go with an on the bias technique. Based on the pattern for the clapotis, I started with two stitches on my needle and increased at the end of every row until I had enough width. Its knitting up really quickly, and I love how it looks. Third time is the charm on this one. I hope he likes it as much as I do. (He is all nervous about what I may have gotten him for Christmas presents.... as its not a big deal in his family, but mine fills a room with presents for each other.)

I'm off to Atlanta in just a bit. More knitting to be done on the plane. And later tonight if I don't have too much beer with my dinner. My computer is acting temperamental. It doesn't always want to turn on. Two days ago I had to shake it to get it to turn on (and trick from really old apple computers that my dad told me about as a way to jar the hard drive into motion.).

I am counting down the days until this is over. I have less than two weeks til Christmas break (I need to do some shopping!) and then only 10 days of work after that break. Its exciting to think about. Everyone is so over being out here. We are all tired of just about everything about being out here. I am going to miss certain people though. The ones that have become the real members of my road family. I am working on finding the time to have a conversation with our production/tour manager about future jobs that might allow me to switch to the production roll I'd love to have. I really need to make that happen in one of the next two show days.

But for mow, I'm off to pack up the computer and bring the bags to the lobby. And settle into the bus with my knitting.

No comments: