Monday, July 28, 2008

The big 3-0

I'm thirty. ACK! Seems so strange to say that. But, I'm ok with it. I completely freaked over 29 last year, so turning 30 this year has been easy. I'm happy with life, I am in love, I am enjoying myself, and I didn't wake up to a call that my house was broken into (yes, that happened last year... I was in Louisiana, my roommate was in Europe... it sucked, let me tell you).

So, happy birthday to me!

The road is ok. I can't say I love my job, but I do like it well enough. And I really like the people, which makes all the difference in the world. I had a good experience here in Chicago (where I've been for the last few days). I ran into some of the people from the lighting company I work for who were very confused to see me with food and not lights. I need to send an email, and hopefully, will be able to pick up some lighting stuff for when this tour is over. For now, charter jets with unlimited champagne and serving dinner will do.

I managed to arrive in Chicago just in time for the Loopy Yarns moving sale. Thanks to Alyssa for letting me know, I hightailed it over to their shop when I got here on Friday. I picked up a stash, which is now on its way home to my mothers for storage, as I didn't have any room in the suitcase for it.
The green is to make the almost cowl (I'm going with the long sleeved version for keeping warm this winter), the black and grey is to make the scarf Crash requested (which excited me... I think I even found a perfect pattern), the grey-ish looking cotton is the make the Sizzle tank (I've been lusting after that for a while now), and I'm not quite sure what to do with the camel heather. But it called to me and said make me into a sweater! And everything was 40% off. So I got all the yarn for half the price. So exciting! Now I just need to get knitting. Cause my pile of unknit yarn is way too much bigger than my pile of knit yarn.

And now to drop the luggage off and get on the bus to the airport. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

YAY Yarn! I love the haul you brought in!

And happy birthday dear!

Code Purl said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Leah said...

Happy birthday! A bit late, but still...that is a wonderful stash you've got there!