Monday, July 7, 2008

I got me a country boy...

I'm stuck in St. Louis, MO. At the airport. There is nothing at the airport. The bookstore is horrid. There are no other good stores to check out. But, the internet is cheap.

I spent the 4th of July Weekend in Chicago with Crash. And for those of you wondering what my country boy looks like, here we are. Although I'm not a big fan of how I look in the shot....

We had a great dinner with a couple of his friends, who were amazing. After enjoying a leisurely dinner out, we hit a county fair and fireworks display. I'm still learning how exactly to use my camera, so the fireworks pics aren't quite what I was hoping for, but it was fun playing with the camera.



On Saturday, we celebrated a friend's 30th Birthday with a surprise party and a trip to the local country bar. It was a great time, good music, lots of laughs and fun times. Most of Sunday was spent lounging around and not doing much. Which annoyed me at first, cause I was thinking here I am on vacation, essentially, I want to be doing something. Because of that, it lead to conversations, which ensured the day ended a high note.

I can't believe its only been four short weeks since this new adventure in relationships began. It really is a case of opposites attracting, as the more we talk and get to know each other, the more we realize how different we are. We've had to agree to disagree on religious matters, which could prove a difficulty in the future. I have a very unique blend of religious views, where I was raised Catholic - including catholic schooling - but believe in some tenants of Pagan belief systems, celebrate Hanukah, see the Bible as mainly a work of fiction with a basis in historical happenings, believe in reincarnation and evolutional processes, but identify with the concept that love is the most important thing. I believe in God, and Jesus as his son. I'm in this strange in between state right now though. He has a very strong belief in the Bible and all that it says. And its really hard for him to come to terms with my random hodgepodge of beliefs. Yet, part of me is in this state of questioning... as this is the second relationship I have entered into with someone who's belief system reflects this importance on the bible. I'm kind of wondering if God is trying to teach me something that I'm not quite hearing. We'll see what I come up with on that in the coming weeks. I like knowing that we talk about things and can have different opinions and not have them drive us apart. It really is the first healthy relationship I think I've ever really had.

I'm about to set to work on finishing up the clapotis. I have another 2.5 hours here in this airport and a two plus hour flight. That should be enough to get through all the decreases. I'm looking forward to getting started on the next project. Not sure which one that will be though. Either a new pair of socks or the bag I need to make for my mother.

3 comments:

km said...

You are cute together.

Great fireworks. We had fun too...and we were able to set off all the Indian Reservation fireworks.

I've learned, that the best way to find out if God is trying to tell you something is to ask HIM. For you, this might be, "God are you for real?" or "God, do you have a part in my life?" I have learned that he always answers. That's the one thing I don't like about Garth Brooks song Unanswered Prayers. I think sometimes...He just says NO.

Anonymous said...

what a cute country boy you've nabbed there.

I think your fireworks pictures are lovely (and certainly much better than the ones I got)..

Keep listening to your heart and listening to others and God will guide you where he wants you to be... keep the faith, pray often, and by all means keep talking to your boy about your feelings and beliefs... maybe you can come to a better understanding of where God is guiding you by talking it out...

I think Garth's song (mentioned by KM) is actually just a bit of a misuse of words.. i took his song title (and words) to mean that God didn't answer the prayers that he was ASKING for in the way he wanted God to (meaning he said NO)..

There's always an answer to a prayer though it might not be what you want... and you might not hear it right away...

Code Purl said...

Cute boy. I say lay off the heavy convo for now and just have fun. Believe me there's plenty of time to contemplate serious commitment in the future!