Saturday, July 12, 2008

Disgruntled with AT&T

I tried to get an iPhone yesterday. I had been looking forward to the arrival of the new, cheaper version for weeks. Apple kept me waiting on the edge of my seat, sending emails daily for the last week. Only 3 more days til the new iPhone, only 2 more days til the new iPhone.

I left my house, drove 40 minutes to the nearest Apple store, only to find out that I was not eligible for the reduced price. Never once did any advertisement state that the new iPhone was no longer and Apple product to sell, but had become an AT&T product to sell. Current AT&T customers, who are not current iPhone users are not eligible for the reduced priced iPhone until their contract expires. I am getting penalized and not able to spend my money on a product I want because it has only been a year since I signed my first AT&T contract. 18 months need to have passed before you are eligible to do so.

Needless to say, I am a touch upset with this new policy and AT&T's failure to share this information from the beginning.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

oh that stinks! Are you just going to wait it out?