Sunday, August 10, 2008

How days change things

Three days ago I was biting back tears and fighting to not cry at work. But now I have found strength from somewhere and find myself the strong one. We've been talking, and turns out I was right on some notes. We're making progress together, taking it day by day and talking. We both agree that there is no one else in the world that compares, and that we can't imagine our lives without the other. As I pointed out, what is a relationship except friendship with mutual attraction? And if we are both fully attracted to each other, and want to be the closest of friends, we have our relationship right there. We'll just take it day by day, and one step at a time, and talk about things, and we'll make it work.

I pointed out that our differences are what make us great and that when it comes down to it, we have similar core beliefs in things. And we can build together from there. I also pointed out that we compliment each other. When one of us is weak, the other finds strength to support and encourage. We relax each other, we energize each other, we feel like home when we are together. And those have major point values... its just working by the walls that we have protecting ourselves from previous scars. Scars that run deeper than I think either of us imagined.

The ups and downs of relationships.... ain't it grand?

I promise pictures soon... I have some good shots but no time to download them. And my internet time is about to run out here.

1 comment:

Dame Wendy said...

Love truly is a roller coaster. I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better between the two of you.