Monday, August 25, 2008

Rearranging

In the last hour, i have manages to completely rearrange my life for the next two weeks. The next two cities on my tour were cancelled due to the boss man's illness. So, I fly to MA tomorrow. Much to my dismay, as I had things all orchestrated to pick up the rental car Saturday morning and drive to crash. Now I fly to Chicago, pick up the rental car and drive to Crash. Which seems just a crazy proposition, but I was so looking forward to going to see his show and seeing him, I just didn't want to wait another day.

So, tomorrow, I fly from Columbus, OH to my parents place in MA. And then Saturday morning, I fly to Chicago to drive to Cincinnati, OH and then on Sunday drive back to Chicago, by way of Fort Wayne, Indiana. (I'm meeting dad.... ACK! but at Crash's suggestion, so that makes me happy. To know that we are back on solid enough ground that he's taking me to meet a very important person (maybe the most) in his life.)

Its been a crazy hour. But life was remarkably easy to rearrange. And now I get to drive a mustang. I hope it means something good that things fell into place so easily on this change. I am so looking forward to these five days. Things are really good for us right now... slowing down and taking things one day at a time makes quite the difference. I am hopeful that these few days will allow us to grow closer and learn more about each other. I want to know all the stupid little things... like his favorite color and food and movie. And just enjoy spending time in his arms.

I've finished up two squares on the blanket. And perhaps more to be done tomorrow with travel time. Who knows how long the day will be, or even what time it will start. It will be nice to have some down time though. And a break from all the coworkers.

2 comments:

km said...

I so hope all this works out for you. May the Mustang be a good luck charm...

Code Purl said...

Glad you were able to rearrange things although it sounds really hectic. Safe travels!