Friday, August 22, 2008

Oye

Have you ever had one of those days? Where you just wake up in a bad mood, and nothing you can do can make you feel better? You think the worst, you stress, you can't relax or focus? I had one today. It had its good moments... I was after all, at Fenway Park all day, with free access to roam the park as I wanted (well, except for on the grass, they yell if you walk on the grass and you aren't an outfielder). But I had a bad nights sleep, which I am now blaming on my mother, who woke me shortly after I had fallen asleep and caused me a mild panic attack, as I had just seen her hours before. It took hours to fall back to sleep again, and I think I was restless all night long.

I woke up with feelings of dread for no particular reason at all. And the one thing that would have calmed me most, Crash's voice, was absent... As he had the day from hell, I'm now finding out. And deary me, was it the day from hell. So perhaps part of my anxiety was carry over from him and all the stress he was dealing with at his gig. As my dread was mainly focused on him... in my head, it was for the wrong reasons, I'm now seeing... but, I'm a girl and I jump to conclusions. Luckily in the message I sent him, I didn't say anything that would give my insecurity away. Although I did leave a message saying I was just hoping to hear his voice cause I had been feeling odd all day, and just wanted to say hi... hopefully he's a typical guy and doesn't read too much into my words... like I would being a girl.

Its a week before the break. Before I get two weeks off. Before I spend a week with Crash. And I'm counting the days. Almost counting the hours... but not quite yet. I need the down time, the hugs, the relaxation and the sleep. And the lovin'...

Its been good being here in Boston for a few days. I'm hoping to hit my favorite spot on Sunday before i leave. But that depends on what time we have to depart for the plane. My parents are coming to see the show tomorrow night, and then we are meeting up with my aunt, uncle and cousins who all had tickets long before I found out I had the job. It will be great to see the family for a bit. As I never seem to be around whenever the family gatherings happen.

I started working on the baby blanket. I'm going with Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Worsted yarn, in a beige and a sage green color. I picked up Vouge's Stitchionary Volume 1 yesterday, and am having fun choosing what patterns to use. I'm going to do patterns in the sage color, with stockinette blocks in the beige. Or at least that is the plan right now. I've got a block and half done so far... well, a bit more than that. I'm about 10 rows from casting off on block two. I might need some thoughts on how to connect the blocks later, as this is my first blanket project. I'm excited for it.

No comments: