Thursday, August 14, 2008

A week in the city

I've been in NYC for the past few days. We're playing at MSG for the week. Its great to be back here in the city, roaming around, seeing my friends. But, MSG... well that is a whole other story. The place is horrid. Old, stagehands with attitudes, so many people.... Its going to be a long few days til load out on Saturday night.

Thankfully yesterday was a day off. My first full day off since I started this mess back in mid-July, a month ago. It was perfect to wander the city and catch up with some friends. I splurged on some things for myself... got this fabulous Cole Haan purse which I fell in love with and replaced my ipod that had gotten stolen back in Omaha. For some reason it feels odd to be back here. It almost like its not home to me any more. I didn't feel the same energy I usually feel here. Could be that I just know I'm a visitor this time around.

I got to meet up with friends too. Monday night I had dinner with two of my girls... and never have I laughed so hard. We entertained the waiter but good with our stories of love lives gone astray. (and despite the issues I've had with Crash, I will take him any day over my friends troubles... ) Last night I met up with my knitters and caught a jazz concert on the river. It was so relaxing to sit there and knit and catch up with them. And I love that it feels like no time has passed when I get back together with everyone. Its so nice to have those friendships that are there and will stand the test of time. (and it was great to make some progress on my sock too. Especially cause I have to go shopping and get lots of yarn to make a baby blanket as my best friend is 5 months along and just sharing the news now.... thats not much time to make a blanket with my schedule!)

So once again its time to go off to the depths of windowless rooms and arenas. Hopefully today will be calmer than Tuesday was.

1 comment:

km said...

I'm finally home and catching up on blogs. This week will be a whirlwind though.

Baby blankets can be quick. It all depends on what you choose. It's been about a week now since you posted. What yarn are you going with and did you CO?