Monday, August 4, 2008

Love makes you do crazy things

After a week of up and down and confusion and conversation, I'm waiting for him to walk through my hotel room door. And into my arms. Being together is the thing we need most right now, as we try to navigate this tricky road of horrendously long work days in distant corners of the world. The conversations were good, we learned a lot. I got a good dose of me, which was what I needed, and I feel so much more grounded. And I shocked the guys I worked with when I admitted to being an unreasonable female and realizing that I needed to, as they put it, have the flag thrown on me.

I literally jumped for joy and bounced around my room when he called and said he was in a car and on his way to me. He has driven through the night just to be here with me and spend the day together. I need to come up with a good way to thank him and show him how much he means to me. Especially cause he is one of those travel challenged individuals, who managed to get lost at least twice on his way here. Love is a wonderful and hellish thing isn't it??

More on the joys of charter jets (you don't have to put on your seatbelt or put your seat back in the upright position!) and life on tour soon. For now, I'll be in the arms of my love for the day.

2 comments:

km said...

I'm so glad you get to be with Crash...even if just for the day. Where is here?

Code Purl said...

Hope things went well for you guys.