Friday, September 5, 2008

Back and counting down again...

I'm back from 4 of the best days off ever. We relaxed, we cuddled, we slept in, we did every day things but they never got boring, I met the parents and the mentors, we bonded and now we return to missing each other.

The big event of the week was meeting mom and dad. I loved Dad, but couldn't get a reading off mom. I learned a lot more about where he came from and how he grew up in the world. And fell more in love with him over the course of the few days. We shared stories of our pasts and the controlling relationships we had both experienced. We shared our fears. We learned how to talk more and more openly. We acted like an old married couple with him cleaning one room while I cleaned another (I am so in charge of emptying the fridge from now on though - there was luncheon meat in one of the drawers that he had bought before we meet... in MAY!). I am counting down the days til more days like these. Although, I have no idea when those days will be here. It might not be til Thanksgiving time. :(

Tomorrow my friend Bre arrives from NYC to spend a weekend in Boston. We're going to galavant around the city and avoid the raindrops that are promised to fall on us. And hopefully avoid any strong gusts of wind at the same time. She's never been to Boston, and its been quite a while since we had any length of time to spend together. And as we spent almost every day together for a month while we suffered through unemployment in the city, it will be nice to have some quality time to catch up and act like the crazies we are.

I've no knitting progress to report. I had no motivation to pick up my needles on the plane, so my projects lay dormant. I did come up with the idea of a pattern I want to use in Crash's scarf though. I'm thinking a half and half pattern with a cable pattern in the middle mixing the colors a bit (grey and black). Now to just get the yarn wound and get started. Oh, and find a good cable pattern.

Happy weekend everyone... Hope no one gets blown away or flooded out by Hannah.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm glad meeting the parents went so well! That's always the tricky bit. I hope you two get more together time soon!

Stay dry, I'm going to stay here and knit most the day.