Friday, September 12, 2008

A bit lonely

I flew back to work yesterday. It was a bit odd getting on a plane on September 11th. Especially flying out of Boston... where two of the planes had originated. The day passed uneventfully and left me deposited in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (or the middle of nowhere, essentially).

Its odd being back. It was a very low key day, where we only served a late breakfast and a lunch. A good way to ease back into things. It was a bit of an overdose to go from being home alone during the days, to surrounded by my coworkers. I had to leave the bar last night after eating as I was getting overwhelmed by so many conversations. And tonight, I'm feeling a bit lonely, and at the same time have no desire to be around anyone. I think it stems from being tired and transitioning back to work from vacation.

That and the wondering if a show is being canceled in ten days or not. If it is cancelled, I can see Crash for two days. There are rumors that it is being cancelled, but nothing has been decided yet. If it is off, we end up in the same city, and I can see his show and spend a day and a half with him, including sleeping in his arms for two nights. If it isn't, I have to wait til November 2nd to see him. Being away from him is harder than I ever imagined it could be. Especially tonight, as nothing would be as wonderful as a long hug and being wrapped in his arms and watching a movie and falling asleep. I'm trying to not get too excited about it or be too pessimistic about it either. Its hard to keep a level amount of reality, when you want something as simple as a hug so desperately. Cross your fingers, say a prayer... waiting two months for a hug just seems so impossible!

I've made some progress on the blanket. I put together some squares and realized I need to get 10 of each color. I've got 4 beige completed and 1.5 green (I'll have two done before the end of the night). So, I'm 1/4 of the way there! I want to have the pair of socks I'm working on done by Thanksgiving time. My sister in law has a rule of no shoes in the house, and what better time to show off a pair of hand knitted socks? So, thats the goal. I also picked up the fall Interweave (I'm a bit behind on picking it up) but there are so many things in there that I want to complete. When will I ever find the time?

No comments: