Monday, September 8, 2008

Sunny Days...


I spent today in Newport, RI. I woke up this morning feeling down in the dumps, despite the cloudless sky outside my windows and the perfect temperature. I knew that if I sat around the house I would dwell all day on how much I missed Crash and how I wished we were in the same place. So, I grabbed my camera and headed about an hour south of my patents place to Newport, where the summer cottages of the 1920s are now considered mansions (well, they were always considered mansions, the rich just counted them as cottages cause they were the summer escapes from the city. So even though they have 8 bedrooms and ballrooms inside, they still thought of them as cottages.). I parked at a beach and got a chance to let my toes play in the water... and then I took a walk along part of the cliff walk, which skirts the area between the drop to the ocean and the cottages. It was a perfect day for strolling along and I got the chance to take some fun pictures.



After wandering there for a bit, I headed back to my car and moved to the downtown shopping area. I strolled through a few touristy shops, picked up some gelato and a cookie, and then made my way home. Definitely kept me from dwelling too much on missing Crash and wondering when we can next be together. (Luckily we are both going through this pain, and feel the same way... going crazy without access to hugs and being silly with each other and holding onto each other while we sleep).

The weekend was great, although a bit rainy. The driving on Saturday got a bit much, especially because I did three hours of driving in the rain. But we had a great dinner, and had a great time catching up. Sunday I hit a yarn store in Boston, that left me feeling very unimpressed. It couldn't hold a candle to some of the other shops I've been in. Bre did find some yarn she liked though, and now I've yet another project on the burners, as I promised to turn it into a scarf for her. I really do need to pick up my needles and get working. I've so many projects to accomplish, and I've been so less than motivated to even work on anything in over a week. As tv should be decent tonight, I think I'll cast on and get something done while I watch.

I head back out on tour as of Thursday. Part of me is looking forward to being back, part of me is just wishing that vacation would continue along. That mentality won't help me get out of debt and get a house though....

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I wish I could have a cottage like that!

Sorry you miss Crash...you'll see him soon though right?