Wednesday, September 17, 2008

up and down, back and forth

At the moment, I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its kind of pretty up here. The trees are all turning yellow and there is fall in the air. I do need to pick up a fall coat though, as the mornings are decidedly chilly. Of course, I'll be in California before the month is over, and the weather will most likely warm up when I get there. So we'll see.

Its been a crazy few days. The show in Portland wasn't cancelled, and now it is cancelled. But it will cost almost 300 dollars to fly Crash to his next show in Denver, and he just had to have a route canal. So, although we may only be a few hours apart, and both have several days off, we might not get to see each other. Which is driving me crazy. I found a way to get myself to him without spending a fortune on a rental car. But finding a cheap plane fare is crazy right now. Even southwest wants $266 before taxes and fees. And he just had to have a root canal, which sucked up his discretionary cash.

In other news, I got a job offer to go back to lighting today. But it leaves me very conflicted. I was offered a position on the Radio City Christmas Spectacular tour. The problem is that I need to decide by tomorrow, leave this tour in a week, and then not get to celebrate Christmas with my family or Crash. My immediate reaction to getting the job offer was to burst into sobs. Not a good sign. It just doesn't feel like the right choice for me right now. But I'm scared that not taking it will ruin my chances of getting another tour in the future. It seems like neither answer is the right one. So, its a matter of choosing the one that is less wrong. I wish someone would just tell me what to choose. I have til Friday morning to make the choice. But at the moment I am leaning to staying where I am.

I am completely drained from all the brick walls I feel like I have run into today. And the several real obstacles I ran into over the last few days (a ice cooler closed on my head leaving a bruise beside my left eye, I stood up into a wooden box while making coffee, and I hit my head on the tv on the bus as I tried to stand up to leave today).

My sock has a heel and the start of an instep. My coworkers want me to teach them to knit. I'm still trying to figure a final pattern for Crash's scarf. Thats all the knitting news I have to offer. Hope everyone is well.

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

Well I'm still behind blog reading, so what did you choose? I always wanted to be a rockette before I learned I was too short, so I'd so envy you working on the show!