Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Accomplished

Today was the first snow around my parents place. It didn't amount to much, but it was fun to watch the flakes fall for an hour or so this afternoon.

I've accomplished a lot in the last day or so.

My sweater has a sleeve. Just one, but its getting closer to being done.

I made apple butter for the first time, and canned 7 jars of it. First time canning too! It was quite tasty on some toast for lunch. And it made my kitchen smell amazing all day.



The dough for all the pie crusts has been made for tomorrow. The cold of the house was actually a good thing for this task. I think the dough came together better than it ever has before.

I created a dairy free, gluten free, sugar free pumpkin cheesecake. The batter was quite tasty, so I am fully optimistic for the actual cheesecake. It included a homemade ginger cookie crust. The cookies were good, but the rice flour gave them and odd grainy texture. I don't think I could eat them straight, but I think they'll work well as a crust.

I cast on and started a new scarf for my sister in law. Its my first attempt at cables. I've had to rip out once, backing up about 6 rows. Its a little bit difficult, but mostly that's because I'm a tight knitter, and the tension of crossing the stitches makes it hard to knit them. I'm trying to concentrate on not pulling the stitches so tight, but not much luck yet. Any one have any clues?

Life itself remains confusing. I've found odd patches of comfort in various things though. I know that sooner or later this will all work out and I will return to New York and my dreams. I keep moving forward on this path and keep trying to find joy in the small things. I'm enjoying the chance to read what others are going through, finding strength in the oddest of phrases and ideas. The internet is truly great in how in manages to connect us all.

No comments: