Thursday, November 15, 2007

Angry all the time

So much of my life gets associated with songs. I hear something on the radio and it reminds me of parts of my life or people in my life. Not long ago, a friend I reminised of the songs from our college days. The pre-gaming songs we'd blast as we showered and got ready to go out for the evening. Memories of chumbawamba, spice girls, barbie girl, and baha men... and so many other cheesy party songs the late 90s had to offer. I'm wondering when the 90s nights at the clubs and bars are going to start?

I got in my car today and heard one of the songs from our summer run across and around the country. It had me feeling nostolgic for all the people that I spent every day with, had dinner with every night, and saw me at worst moments. (but then again, who looks good after four hours of sleep for the third day in a row and before their morning cup of coffee). I don't know when I may see these people again, but they are the people that when your paths cross, you always remember fondly. I miss the audio and video boys, the people who added laughs to my days, the Shotgun Rider sing along around the video consoles, and yes, part of me even misses rethreading the bolts every morning.

Yet as much as I can think fondly back on the memories, I am more than ready for this new path to start. As the number of days continues to grow, part of me wonders if I'm looking in the right place for this new path. Am I looking hard enough? Am I looking at the right jobs? The right city? The nagging doubts of my mind surface every now and then. I never felt more at home than I did wandering New York City, though. That has to count for something... and maybe this is all about getting yet another lesson in patience.

No comments: