Wednesday, November 28, 2007

interview?

I think I have an interview tomorrow. But I'm unsure, as I'm having the hardest time pinning down the woman who got ahold of my resume to set an actual time and place. You'd think that since she got back to me about the resume I submitted, she'd be a bit more proactive about telling me where she is, and what time she'd like to see me. So, it looks like I'll be driving down to NYC and seeing what happens. Its a bit annoying though. I'd hate to drive all that distance and find out that she double booked or isn't in the office. I've emailed her several times and no response. So frustrating.

It was great to come home and find the email last night though. I had had one of those days. I talked to BP, who is the hiring manager for this job I interviewed for Sept 26th. Making it over two months ago now. And there has been no decision made on what they are doing. I understand that people are busy, but really? Two months? And I had to work the late night shift at the store - 4-1am. UGH. At various points in the night I was just so down. Wondering if I'd ever get a job and make it to NYC. So, it made my night to come home to the email. That combined with another email of invitation to join up with a group of girls in the city... I fell asleep happy and more optimistic than I've been in weeks. Hopefully this works out tomorrow and there is some level of success. I'd love to be able to start the new year off with a new job and a new place and truly get that new start option.

And look, I'm making great progress on my latest project!

Its actually significantly longer, seeing as I took the photo before the work I did on it yesterday. It looks like I have to head back out for more yarn though, as I didn't look at the pattern closely enough to find out how much yarn I needed first. Ooops... :-/

And I get to go visit DC again next week. A friend is on tour with Avenue Q which is there for two weeks. It will be nice to go to an old home and hit some of my favorite restaurants. And hang out and be social.

No comments: