Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Results=Nothing

Why is it so very hard for me to find a full time job? It seems like I've sent hundreds of resumes out, with so few results. I'm skilled, I have a solid education, I think I'm a pretty damn wonderful person (at least most of the time), but it's so hard to get that across on a resume and through a cover letter. I'm not looking for the perfect job any more, just something... something that will pay me decently.

I'm still waiting to hear on an interview I had over 6 weeks ago now. I've followed up countless time, each time hearing that I was still on their radar screen, they'd just not had the chance to meet with the boss. And its for a job I'd love to have. But at this point, I'm getting so discouraged from the whole search. Granted, there is nothing to do, but keep at it and continue sending resumes and resumes and more resumes. And wishing on every star I see, every candle I blow out, and every other superstition you can imagine.

I thought that the meetings I had with the staffing agencies would have more results. I was mistaken there so far, as I've not even heard about a potential interview.

I miss New York so. And yes, I think I may continue to harp on this point until I am back there. It is one of those cities you just fall in love with I suppose. Fall in love, I did. I started over there, re-discovered myself, and I can't wait to be back and truly on my own there. I want to enjoy the holidays there. See Rockafeller Center all decorated. Skate on the rink in Central Park. Christmas shop on Fifth Avenue. I hope its not just a dream, but a soon to be reality.

No comments: