Thursday, November 29, 2007

Laziness

I think we've (an by we've I mean the American society) have reach an all time low of laziness. I got an email advertising this today. Its an electric martini maker. Not so different from your normal bar shaker. But it shakes or stirs for you. I'm all for making things easier, but is there something as taking it too far? You still have to measure out the vodka or gin. Still have to add your own ice. Still have to pour the drink into the glass that you still had to chill. So, how much time does having a machine shake your drink for you actually save? Or does it make it more of a process? And really, is shaking a drink that difficult? And shouldn't you at least burn off a few of the calories it includes? If you want someone to mix your drink for you, hit the local bar!

In terms of my interview situation, I got 40 miles from home when I finally got a hold of the woman. And come to find out, I had interviewed with her colleague a few weeks ago, so it was not necessary for me to make the entire trip down. Glad I found out then, and not any further into my drive. So, now I wait again. And hope that these staffing agencies find something for me to interview for.

2 comments:

Code Purl said...

I saw a similar drink shaker in the Bed, Bath, and Beyond flyer. Their gimick is that it forms a mini 'cylcone' inside when you press the button. What a waste of time and money!

M. said...

hello! i noticed your blog on the hot cocoa swap - nice to see another nyc blogger! i was born and raised in queens, now in japan but i come back home in march - cant wait.