Monday, November 12, 2007

Another day, another dollar

It was one of those days. Strange dreams woke me this morning, and left me feeling alone and empty. Missing someone who became a big part of my life almost over night, and now, although still a part of my life, seems to have moved themselves to the periphery. They are a bit incommunicado these past few days, which has me caught off guard. And is highly uncharacteristic.

So I decided to go shopping... I had a pair of boots to return, and I wanted to try and get some christmas gifts. I made the mistake of going to the store I work in though. As soon as my boss saw me, she told me to go ahead and punch in. It was a holiday, so time and half is always a bonus, and it kept me busy and not thinking too much.

I'm so anxious to hear from some where in New York. I miss the city so much. I miss the subway and not needing my car. I miss having my social groups to go out with. I read an article today that stated that Thanksgiving was only 10 days away. Combined with the dreams this morning, it hit me hard that although I know I will get back to New York, it might be a whole lot longer than I want it to be. The holiday season isn't exactly the best time of year to get hired. Maybe I'll have luck. I hope I'll have luck. I'm so anxious to make this next path of life work out. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments: