Friday, November 9, 2007

Welcome to my space... No, not myspace... although I'm addicted to that too...

In the past few weeks, I've gotten addicted to reading blogs. I guess with changing so many things in my life right about now, its nice to read what's going on with others. And In the process of everything that is going on, I've found myself writing more and more. Thus I decided to start a blog and see what happens.

I'm trying to move to New York City (from Las Vegas) - and spent the last two months living there - where job searching has yet to yeild any good results. Who can live on $10/hr in that city??? I'm finally working with some staffing agencies, so maybe there will be results soon on that front. And there is still is that one interview that is taking forever to make up their minds. At this point, its been over 6 weeks. Isn't New York supposed to move faster?

I'm single for the first time in 4 years. Another huge change.

I'm looking for a new career path. While my last job was great, the stress of traveling the US with a rock show seemed a bit much at this point in my path. I need more sleep than it allowed me. And the chance to perhaps use more of the educaiton I spent so much money on.

So, with all this going on, there's lots to say. In fact the friend who is a doctor told me perhaps I should have just changed one variable, as opposed to three. But, what fun is that? Go big or go home, right?

So here it is, a chronicle of job searching, soon to be followed by apartment searching. Interspersed with cooking, knitting and reading... perhaps you'll find some funny tidbit or have some advice and support to offer.

And now to focus on the scarf that's on my needles....

No comments: