Friday, December 7, 2007

Its been a few days

I've been off and traveling. I've covered the major cities of the eastern seaboard this week. I've seen friends, I've driven in snow, I threw the first snowballs of the year (although I got yelled at for doing it...)

It was great to return to DC. It is such a beautiful city... even if it is a bit too political for me. Or perhaps, just too republican for me. We wandered around the city a bit... saw the Constitution and Declaration of Independence, which were first for me, as the building they were in was under renovation for the majority of the time I lived there.
 We braved the cold and wind coming off the tidal basin and wandered through the FDR Memorial. Which is one of my favorite spots in the city. It was a bit different with the cold and no lightening bugs.

It was great fun to relax, and go out for some drinks, and amazing food. And to see a show. I do miss being in theaters, and wish that I could just magically land some sort of management job. Alas, I don't have that kind of luck on my side. Spending time in NYC was the perfect way to end the few days out of town. I had the chance to meet up with the girls and get some work done on one of my scarfs. It was great to just have conversation while working on the project.

As I'm one to cram as many things as possible into a day, the day ended with a great couple of drinks and good conversation. And a decision that I had to make... I've questioned it ever since I made it, but I was able to say no. It was something I had to do, but was so hard to do. Wanting different things can't be controlled... But it doesn't take care of how much it hurts when it happens.

No comments: