Saturday, December 15, 2007

White Christmas Garanteed

Winter is here with a vengence. I think the temperature dial was reading 21 for most of my drive home. And they (the always accurate weather forecasters) are promising that we will wake up to even more snow. I left the desert why? Ok, so I don't really mind it. I'm rather liking seeing all the snow again. I'm dreading driving to work tomorrow, and fearing that the roads in this rural corner of the world will just be impassible (I need the money, as Sunday's are time and half, and I took last Sunday off). Perhaps I should be fearing the drive home too. I could go for a day curled under a blanket, perhaps in front of the fire my dad is sure to build, and finishing up the scarf projects, but that won't help the American Express bill shrink at all.

And now to sleep, and dream of sugar plums... What is a sugar plum? Tomorrow is sign ups for the cocoa swap (YAY!). I'm excited about participating in my first swap - I always liked the idea of having a pen pal when growing up, but never really had one. Now, a grownup version, complete with hot chocolate. A perfect treat!

1 comment:

Code Purl said...

We got jipped on the snow down here. It only sleeted and rained. There was no real accumulation. I did buy new timberland boots that are super warm though in preparation for the pseudo-storm.