Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas to all...

It's strange being home for the holidays. Its been four years since I was able to spend the Christmas with my family, and being back, while fabulous, is also a bit disconcerting. The new traditions I had made my own are changed back into the old family ones. Ones which will never change. In part, they are a comfort, to know that the same meal will always be served and the schedule will remain the same for the day. Yet, I'd like to infuse some of my life into the old home life that is here. My brother vehemently opposed that though - him being the more home body of the two of us, and definitely the more attached to the tradition. It might be nice to have something new for dinner though... Just my take at least.

I'm looking forward to seeing what surprises are under the tree though.

And now for sleep. Its been a busy few days, with long retail hours, and a bit of travel.

... and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Code Purl said...

Some things you can never change. JF suggested a Secret Santa with his family rather than buying everyone a present as they usually do and was met with vehement opposition from his brother. I think if we want things different we just have to wait until we have our own families.