Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Progress

With two weeks til Christmas, I really need to get working on the present scarf. I made some decent progress tonight - probably added another foot to the length. Its looking really good, but every few rows I have this issue with my stitches slipping off the needles at the ends of the rows. It is a royal pain, especially because it happens just as I cross the first set of cable stitches. I end up having to back track to the start of the row. Luckily, its usually only three or four stitches into the row, but.. With luck, I'll have this project done before the start of next week.

I also visited this cool yarn store near me. Although near me here is a bit of a journey. It seemed to be a good reward for surviving the annual exam all women dread. And seeing as it is just down the street from the doctors office... I refrained from buying anything, as I really want to finish some projects before I invest in any more. But I got a few ideas. I think up next is a felted bag -not sure if I'm going to go purse sized or knitting and tote bag size. Any one have any good pattern suggestions? The owners of the shop laughed at me, as I had my needles sticking out of my purse.

And it seems that every time I get down on the job search, there is that one little thing that happens that seems to make me hopeful yet again. Today it was the accidental omission of a resume from a cover letter. The cover letter must have caught the eye of the person who got it though, for they emailed asking me to reattach the resume. Now if only I could land some interviews... so I can wow them with my sparkling wit and personality.

1 comment:

Code Purl said...

That's a good idea to go to a yarn store as a treat when you go to 'that doctor.' Just be careful you don't start having bad associations!