Thursday, December 27, 2007

What a long day

I've been back and forth to the city a couple times already this week. And another trip scheduled for next week, tentatively. I just hope that the weather is a bit nicer for my next trip. Driving in the rain is very draining, and combined with the traffic on the trip home this afternoon, I'm feeling completely drained. I'm really glad to have the couch to crash out on.

I of course chose the wrong book for my over tired self though tonight. I find that reading a depressing story when you are already tired and having a touch of the end of the year blues is a horrible idea. Seems like I always end up with the depressing tomes when I'm already there though. Wonder why that is...

I've been doing a bit of reflecting on the past year - more about that in a post before the new year - and trying to figure out plans to celebrate the passing of 2007 into 2008. New Year's has to be one of the most over rated holidays in my book though. And this year, I'm at a loss as to what my plans will be. Right now it looks like I'll be spending the night home with my parents. Which, is kind of sad. Shouldn't I have some hot date? Or great party to be invited to? I suppose its better than my night last year, which was spent listening to Bill Medley's (of Righteous Brother's fame) children sing. Bill was sick... so sent his kids instead. I worked til 4 or 5 am. A great way to welcome in the new year - watching other people get drunk and enjoy the champange. It seems that everyone close by here in Massachusetts is scattered on vacations, or moving to new homes (which are 22 flight hours away), or working insane hours. Perhaps something in the city will appear.

I'll be making another trip back to New York on Wednesday. The staffing agency wants to rework my resume and meet with me again then. Which is more forward motion than any other job situation I've been in thus far. Send good wishes and cross all fingers for me. I'm needing to get out of here and into my own space.

No comments: