Thursday, December 13, 2007

SNOW

Its been snowing here since just before noon. I think somewhere around 10 inches have fallen. I guess its a great welcome back to the east coast. It took almost two hours to do a quick two errands, distancing about 15 miles total. Parking is going to be hellish at work this weekend, especially as they are promising another big storm arriving on Sunday. I can't wait to sell my car and be in NYC where I won't have to worry about parking on how I'm going to get to work, cause the subway is mostly underground and doesn't have to deal with the snow fall.

But a good day to curl up with my knitting though. I'm almost done with the second skein of yarn for my sister in laws scarf. I'm debating if I'm going to make it longer or not though. I think it needs a bit more than it has so far though. I did run into an interesting problem that took me a few rows to figure out. There was a break in the middle of the skein of yarn, so I had to break and rejoin my knitting. The row after that I knew there was something wrong, but I couldn't figure out what I had done. All of my stitches were on the needles backwards. So I swapped them all around as I knitted across. And some I got lazy and just knitted into the back. The same thing happened on the next knit row though. Completely baffling me. Turn out I was winding my purled stitches around the needles the wrong way. Glad I figured it out, but it confused me for a few rows.

I've also started to attach the fringe to my other gift scarf. I can't believe its less than 2 weeks til Christmas. I'm in such a different place than I thought I would be at this point. I thought I'd have a full time, well paying job. I thought I'd have a place of my own in NYC. I thought I'd have my stuff moved out from Vegas - yet again, the moving companies continue to either ignore my calls and emails or give me quotes that are so high they are ridiculous. I am slightly more in the Christmas spirt today - deciding to make some Christmas goodies and send them out to people. I have a lot of baking to do on Monday and Tuesday now. (hopefully there will be mouth watering pictures to share - and one day, a site and maybe even a coffee shop that sells my creations) And praying that the United States Post Office can deliver on its promises of two day deliveries, cause I can't afford the Fed Ex rates.

And now for CSI and perhaps some a hot beverage.

1 comment:

Code Purl said...

All we got was a bunch of sleet here in the city. I do appreciate the subway to work thing during the winter though. My last job I remember it was such an ordeal to drive to work in the snow esp. on the weekends when the plows didn't bother clearing the roads. I would finally arrive to work and feel real proud of myself until i realized my reward was another day of work. Doh!