Friday, May 23, 2008

A day and a half at home...

Why does life get so crazy when you just want a couple of relaxing days?

I spent a leisurely day wandering around Chicago on Tuesday. I went to a cute yarn store (Loopy Yarns) If you are ever in Chicago, stop by and visit. They had a great selection, and we're very friendly and helpful. I picked up a long size 2 circular needle, so I could attempt magic loop for my socks. It makes them so much easier to work on. I'm loving socks now. I even picked up some new yarn while I was at the store to make another pair. I've decided that I am going to pick up some yarn in every city that I can find a yarn store in while I am going across the country. Then I can say these are my socks from Chicago. Or this sweater is from Salt Lake City.

After about an hour of browsing through yarn, I headed off to wander through Millennium Park.



I really like Chicago, it has a quiet city feel to it. I was able to get birthday presents for my mother and my sister in law, which are going in the mail today before I head off for Portland. Alas, my friend who was working in Chicago didn't get my messages in time, and we weren't able to see each other. Hopefully we'll have time to catch up when I go back through town in a few weeks with the show.

Wednesday, I flew home to NYC for a lovely 36 hours. And I've managed to pack so much in. I got a free bikini when I purchased my face soap at Bloomie's. I had dinner with friends both nights, I wandered around. And then got the worst migraine I've had in such a long time. I went to bed with a bag of frozen corn on my head (got to love the make shift ice pack). Thankfully, I feel better this morning, as last night the pain was so intense it had me in tears.

Now I have to hope that my suitcase is 20 lbs lighter than when I flew in from Chicago as I get ready to head out for the tour. The car picks me up at 12:15 to get to the airport. I have a couple more errands (mailing the birthday presents... getting some breakfast and cash... mailing in the last of the receipts for reimbursements... ). And then we're off... to see where I'll be until June 25th you can go here DCFC Tour Schedule... and stories to come of stagehand adventures.

1 comment:

km said...

Wow...I'm jealous of your July schedule. I wonder if I could just hitch a ride. ;0) If you're not crazy busy...I live real close to L.A. Maybe I could help you find a yarn shop. But you're only her for a day and then in another city by Tuesday.

I love the shopping for yarn from cities. Maybe it should be just socks though. Or sock yarn. You're in a lot of cities and your luggage might explode.