Thursday, May 8, 2008

More Stash and new toys

My knitting friends are the best. Not only did the take me out for dinner last night, they bought me yarn so I won't get bored while I am away from them. We all met for dinner and tea at Alice's Tea Cup. It was an entertaining night, full of good food and scones and lots of tea (and even little drip catchers that had balls of yarn). I am going to miss these girls while I am away. Who knew a knitting group would lead me to form such close friendships?

I hit the yarn store here in town to get the last few things I needed to make sure I can complete projects on the road. I somehow managed to break one of my bamboo needles yesterday, so I replaced them with some addis. Which really are my favorites to work with. I also picked up some point protectors, as I'm going to be going through airport security a few times... I don't need TSA deciding that I might stab the person in the seat next to me and taking away my needles. They had these totally cute Devil and Angel Ducks at Knitty City today. And I totally turned them into tip protectors.

I need to recast on my clapotis. I dropped a stitch along the edge, and as the edges are where you add stitches to each row, the dropped stitch unraveled and I couldn't figure out how to pick back up the dropped messed. Combined with the broken needle, I just frogged the whole thing back. I'll recast on tomorrow on the addis.

(pictures of the new stash additions and the fun tip protectors to come tomorrow. I think the tea kept me up last night... It was after 4 am before I managed to fall asleep.)

2 comments:

km said...

The Clappy will be a fun summer project. I just bound mine off, and I'm waiting to post photos when I weave the ends in. I must be a pretty loose knitter, my clappy would have slid right off the addis. I did this one on bamboo straights. But I love my addis for other projects. It's good there are so many accessories out there. We can really take our pick for each procect.

Alyssa said...

I had so much fun at our little tea party. I think you have enough projects to keep you entertained while you're away and maybe we can turn you into a sock knitter!

Are you coming to dinner tonight?