Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday...

One week from today I leave. I kind of wish I was leaving now... its a bit rough sharing the small apartment. Especially where it has been my home for the last three months, but its still his house. I feel a bit awkward being here. We had a bit of an issue over space yesterday, but today things seem to be back to normal. Which is a good thing, as we're both here through the week.

It is going to be so different leaving on tour this year. Its exactly a year to the date that I left for my last tour. But life is so much different this year than it was last. It will be hard to be gone from the friendships and connections I have made here in the city, but nice to know I have a home to come back to. Last year, I didn't feel that way with Vegas. My relationships there were over, and other relationships in my life were all up in the air and confused beyond belief. This year, I know myself more and have a place in the world that I feel is mine. Amazing how 365 days can change so much in life. As quickly as it goes by, a year really is a long time.

Tonight was dinner with some girls, tomorrow is dinner and tea with others... And I need to do errands and clean and pack at some point. Its going to be a busy week.

2 comments:

Code Purl said...

I know what you mean about the year thing. One year ago I had just been denied a promotion, forced to change out of my current position and into one I didn't want, my knitting group was going nowhere after a year of trying, and I had no idea what to do once my lease expired in June as my roomate was moving back home.

Now, pretty much exactly one year later, that position I didn't want turned out to be a really great fit for me and I was offered that very same promotion at work, my knitting group is not only thriving but I feel like I've made some great friends, and I'm living comfortably with Julian and we're about to get married.

What a difference a year makes!

Alyssa said...

What a difference a year makes? I'm happy you feel at home here because well I like you and its nice to be making friends at last! I hope you have fun on tour and that you come home soon so we can all hang out. I'll see you at tea tonight!

We're all going to miss you!