Friday, May 2, 2008

Pictures

Here it is... me in my sweater.




I'm not sure I liked how it came out so cropped. I guess I too am part of the freakishly long torso club. I might try wet blocking and see if I can get a few more inches out of the wool. Also it's a bit tighter around my rib cage than I'd like. But I'm not sure there is much I can do for that.

I might knit a medium next time around. Cause, although I take an XS in most stores these days, I think the small a bit too small in this...

Happy Friday night everyone. I have a couple of movies, and some cleaning to do. And ice cream.

4 comments:

km said...

I end up adding length to just about everything I knit. This could look cute with one of those tubes that is a dress/skirt/all in one. If you pulled it up just under your bust...the long pencil skirt would look so good. And while you might be sad about the ribcage...I'd trade my 3baby ribcage for one like that. =0)

Leah said...

I think that's a very cool sweater.

And exciting about the tour!

Alyssa said...

YAY! I love it! I'm convinced that most designers are short waisted because EVERYONE I know has to add inches to their sweaters and we can't all have freakishly long torsos...or can we?

I can't wait to show off our new knitwear on wed. And it will be a nice quiet tea **wink wink**!

Code Purl said...

It's really pretty although I agree with you about the cropping problem. I used to think the issue was with boobs throwing the front off but even the sweater Julian made for himself was way too short.

Here's a tutorial on how to lengthen a sweater once it's already been knit:

http://chiagu.com/lengthening-sweater.html

I've never tried it myself but it may be the solution.