Monday, May 12, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

Its my last night here in the apartment before leaving town til late June. I've been packing and organizing. Well, kind of. Mostly, I've been procrastinating and knitting. I finished the first ball of noro for the clapotis, which got me to the point of being on the very last row of the increases. I'm not sure if I'm going to throw a couple more in just for the hell of it. I think I might want it wider. I also cast on for my first ever pair of socks. I've got the first few rounds done. I think that is going to be my plane project for tomorrow.

I am a bit scared of taking my needles on the plane. I don't want TSA to take them away from me. I think I would cry. Especially if they were to take the Addis (which my clapotis is on). I'm thinking I might be safer with the wooden dps. Any one have any experience with flying in or out of LGA or ORD?

I think I do have most of my stuff packed up though. I keep finding more things though. You do forget how much you have when you live in a place for a bit. I think I have everything condensed down though. Hopefully. I've yet to try to close the suitcase. I have to drag it to the subway and then on a bus tomorrow though. Hopefully it isn't too heavy. I don't think my clothes weigh 50 lbs, but you never know. I do have several pairs of shoes and books in the bag. Those could be an issue. And along with the duffle bag that has the tools in it. Those things are heavy, which is why I need a second bag for them.

I still have dishes to do and sleep to get. My alarm will be early in the morning so I can gather up the last of everything, empty the trash, and vacuum one last time. The last night here with D was good. We ordered in some food and had a low key evening. It was so great that the week ended on such a high note.

Pictures tomorrow of projects and perhaps cornfields. Here's hoping for a smooth travel day, no over weight suitcases, no confiscated neeldes and no exploded bottles of shampoo this time around. (an entire bottle ended up all over everything last year when I took the flight to O'Hare. Teach me to pack without ziplock bags....)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Bon Voyage! What an adventure! And by now, you're probably nearly done traveling for today, so I'll say I hope you had a good trip--

Code Purl said...

Hope everything went smoothly today. How are the socks coming along? I miss you already!