Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pizza and beer


This is the view from my hotel window. That is a huge empty corn field out there. It stretches as far as you can see. There is another one of the other side of the hotel.

This is my clapotis. I've gotten to both the third drop and the third ball of yarn. I love the way this knits up. It is a quick and fun project.

I tried the socks again on the double points. It didn't work out at all. I cast on using two needles, rather than just one, in hopes that it would keep the stitches loser. Which it seemed to. Alas, my pizza arrived half way through a round, and when I picked up the needles after eating, I reversed direction. And this really messed up the ribbing. So I pulled out the needles, and tried on the piece before I pulled it out. It made it all the way to my knee before it was tight enough. So, when I am in NYC for two days next week, I am buying some addis in size two or three. So I can make my stitches nice and tight, and have them slide on the needles and make my first socks. Cause I really want this to work. But the dps just aren't for me (even if they are the really pretty redwood ones). Its time to try magic lopping.

Life here in Sycamore, IL is dull. We worked today, which went ok. I'm trying my best to just relax and let the crew chief do things, even if I don't agree with them or would rather have them done differently. It is slightly annoying when he changes my labels and color schemes. I want to argue points and make him see that the way I was taught makes more sense than his way. As much as I disliked my boss last summer, I respected him and trusted his way of doing things and I just don't feel the same way this summer. I'm sure it will be easier once everything is all built and its just a matter of putting it up and down every day. Only one more day of work and a truck load before that happens. Tomorrow I am treating myself to new tools and a volt meter and then a girly movie. Tonight, its been a treat of Chicago style pizza (which can't even compare with my beloved NY style) and beer.

I did finally get my flight information for getting to Portland on Friday. I'm slightly sad that I don't get to go to our shows in Washington, as I was going to meet up with one of the more amazing people I have ever met and get a massage while I was there. But alas, I get to go to Salt Lake City instead. I'm hoping we are actually in a hotel in the city and not at the airport. Six airports in the next week. Crazy.

So, there you have it. Another Saturday night. Hope yours are all exciting.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Clappy looks great! I'm on my second drop. its about the only thing I can knit right now. Anything more complicated and I think my head will explode.

When you're home I can help you with the socks.