Monday, March 9, 2009

Maybe Tomorrow?

For a few weeks now the date of March 10th has stuck in my head as a day I'd learn something about my move.  Tomorrow is March 10th, so here's hoping that the feeling stuck in my head holds true and I do hear something.  I am trying to keep the mindset of I'm closer than I think.  Pray I'm right on this one.  

Today was a truly gloomy day here in Southern Massachusetts.  I needed to turn on the lights as soon as I woke up...  usually I get to sit curled in the sun for the first few hours of my day as it streams in my windows.  I did finally finish up the second of my fingerless mitts though, as I needed a quick project to get some level of satisfaction for completing something.  I've just got a few rows of the thumb left to do.  I'm slightly upset that the thumb on the first one had to be pulled out (and destroyed) due to my knitting it in a counterclockwise direction, which gave me a purled thumb rather than a knitted thumb.  Because of this, I need to break into the second ball for just the thumb.  I do hope to make a hat as well out of the same yarn, so I guess its good that I bought multiple balls.  

I'm feeling a bit blase lately.  I feel so run down by life.  I want to have a place where I can curl up and forget about everything that is going on.  I kind of want to talk, but I don't know who I want to talk to or words to say what is going through my head.  I guess I just want someone I can be quiet with then.  I want to know when I get to move.  I want to know the results of mom's tests (she goes for those tomorrow afternoon).  I want her to not be worried or stressed.  Or for dad to be either.  I know all of these things will come with time.  

I just really hope that tomorrow brings good news all around...  for mom to not have any other spots of bad cells, and for a moving date to be set.  Say a prayer...  Cross your fingers...  Light a candle...  Find a four leaf clover...  And send me a laugh if you've got one.  

3 comments:

Code Purl said...

Hey, I'll be thinking of you. We have this intern at my job. He's a guy and our department is all women. At the staff meeting we went around the table bringing up issues and he said he was adapting to the internship but was on estrogen overload. We said he'd have to go lift weights and drink beer when he got home...

Leah said...

I'm thinking of you too! And your mom.

But I'm in the same sort of mood as you, so unfortunately I've got no laughs--but I'll send the hope of one!!!!

xo

km said...

So what has today brought?

I dyed yarn with Kool Aid today. The kids and I had so much fun. I had bought the Kool Aid when it was 10 for $1. So fun! Try that for a little sunshine. I has some Natural Paton's Wool that I'd bought with a coupon. Inexpensive fun! No one has said anything funny around here today.