Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Projects

I've been working on two new projects.  

This first is a baby blanket for the soon to be Emma. 
 She's due to arrive April 11th, so I'm on a bit of a tight deadline.  I choose an acrylic yarn because I want it to be an easy wash and dry for the mom...  seeing as she'll have her hands full with a three year old and a newborn.  But I hate acrylics.  Or at least this one.  It splits and pulls and gets caught on my dry skin.  I'm doing it in pale pink and a creamy white, to match her recently painted room.

My other new project is a second blog, this one focused on my cooking and actually noting my recipes.  You can visit me at Kitchen Adventures.  So far it only has a few recipes (chocolate chip cookies....  the mussels I made the other night...) but as time goes on, I hope to expand it to a more complete site.  I still have a lot of work to do on it, but for now its a start.  

I spent most of my day reading and just being quiet at home.  I had the house to myself most of the day, which was so nice.  I didn't turn on the tv or any music, but just read and relaxed.  I didn't realize how much I enjoy that, how nice it is to be alone for a bit and have no one around.  Especially with so much stuff going on in my life, it was nice to just try to forget it all.  I did email about one place I saw listed tonight on craigslist, but I'm still holding out hope for positive news in the first couple of days of this coming week.  

How was your weekend?  Did you relax or have fun?

5 comments:

Code Purl said...

The blanket looks really pretty and delicate.

I had a decent wkd. Sold jewelry at my first craft fair on Thursday and Friday night. On Saturday my mom came down and we had lunch and she met my new kitty. Today I had to work but came home to Julian making dinner which is always a nice welcome home.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you this week.

km said...

The blanket looks pretty. I'm sure it will be loved.

It's funny...there are some acrylics that are soft and easy to work with and there are some luxury fibers that are splitty too. It's all the yarn. I really like cotton-ease (some cotton & some acrylic) for its great washability. I'm sure there are others too.

It was my nephew's 7th birthday so we enjoyed lunch with the family to celebrate his day.

Next weekend, my boys are going to a game at the Citizen's Bank Arena. Should be fun.

I'm going to have to try your chocolate chip cookies. I'm wanting to try a mushroom risotto I got in a magazine recently too. Keep on posting new recipes.

Leah said...

That is very pretty! And I got a lot of knitting done, including frogging several projects that weren't going anywhere, so now I've scored some "new" stash!!!

Leah said...

oh and p.s. I love your other blog too. You should check out my friend Faycat's food blog. She has some great recipes with photos there.

kasiaiscarly said...

yum! adding your cooking blog to my bloglines :)