Monday, March 2, 2009

Boxes and Tape

Well, a couple of boxes are packed.  A couple of items are in the donate to charity pile.  A ton of papers have been burned up (yay for fireplaces and it still being winter).  Several loads of laundry are done.  But there is still so much more to do.  I must be productive tomorrow.  

I finally had the conversation I've been waiting to have for the last month.  After a conversation with a good friend and mentor last night, I couldn't take much more waiting.  I tried calling C, but when I didn't get an answer, I sent an email that bordered on over the top...  I was angry and hurt and felt like I had been cast out and lied to.  Granted, it could have gotten his attention because I mentioned mom's bad test results...  but either way, we talked and maybe we are on the path to the friendship part of things.  I think it will be a slow road...  Not that that is a bad thing.  And now I have someone to help lift my tv onto its table when I move to Chicago.  And help me get a couch up two flights of stairs when I purchase that.  

I also got a bit more done on my somewhat cowl sweater.  I joined it into the round, so now its time to figuring out the shaping for the bust and the waist.  I've already made a couple of modifications, after measuring the raglan sleeves on my FLS I decided to only do a 7 inch diagonal rather than the 10 that the pattern called for.  I can't even imagine how baggy the arms would have been if I had stuck to the 10 inches.  

And now as its almost 2 am...  I think its time to try and get some sleep.  

1 comment:

km said...

Wow. At least you're on back on the tracks. Now to get the train rolling.