Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sparkling Argentinean

(a toast with the sparkling wine with gold flecks in it that we convinced a winery to open for us at the end of the evening)
Last night I splurged on attending the NY Wine Expo.  It was great fun and I sampled wines from all over.  My favorite being a sparkling Argentinean dessert wine that I sampled.  Quite tasty and definitely one I want to find and enjoy again.  Although I did have an enjoyable time, I don't think I will attend another wine expo.  It was just too impersonal to really enjoy and taste the wines.  I much prefer to visit the actual wineries, and hear a bit more about the individual wines and how they were made and have actual time to savor each wine and taste them.  I felt a bit rushed and like it was an inconvenience if I wanted to taste more than one of a wineries offerings...  mostly because there had been a crowd of people in front of me, and there was a crowd of people behind me all vying to sample the same things.  

Tomorrow I have to tackle boxes and packing...  which seeing as its supposed to be rainy and snowy seems like a good way to spend the day.  Although I wish I could ignore the boxes and curl up with my knitting and get more done on my sweater.  Hopefully I'll get some of both done.  

I'm trying to remain at peace about the rest of my life.  Its been 4 weeks since C and I spoke...  which saddens and angers me.  I'm trying to remain optimistic about mom and her prognosis.  I'm excited about school and nervous about working and going to school at the same time.  There are moments of feeling like I'm on a roller coaster, but I also know that all the twists and turns that I'm having now will eventually give way to a bit of track that has fewer loop de loops.

No comments: