Thursday, February 12, 2009

I got mail!


The post man brought me my swap package today.  NutmegKnitter sent me some great stuff.  I've already eaten half of the Flipz (they are my favorite!) and I had been looking at the hot cocoa for a month now, every time I set foot in a Target.  I can't wait to actually try a cup.  And Tony (the blah buster tiger) is adorable.  THANK YOU!!  (Hopefully this new yarn will bring me a complete pair of socks...  as opposed to just a portion of a pair.)

And for the week 4 topic, I'd have to say fall is my favorite season.  It is the one I missed the most when I was living in Vegas, the land of no seasons at all.  Nothing compares to the colors of Fall, especially here in New England.  I love the red of the sugar maples.  

I'm making some great progress on my sweater.  I bound off the body the other day and started in on one of the arms.  I'm using a two circular needle approach, as the magic loop method didn't really work for me, and although I thought I had size 8 dpns I really had size 9s.  Which suddenly explains to me the difference between end one of Crash's scarf and end 2...  I was trying to figure out why it seemed skinnier when I finished it.  Its because I knit half of it on 9s, and half of it on 8s....  hmmm....  

I think I may have second fingerless mitt syndrome.  Even with the tease of a contest if I get them done by Saturday, I've yet to cast mitt two on.  

Thank you everyone for the congratulations on my acceptance.  I just need to find out when I can move into my apartment and start my journey half way across the country.  I'm planning a stop at Niagara Falls, as I've never seen it before, and its one of those must see things on my list.  And figure out all those need to buy things in order to fully set up an apartment.  

1 comment:

Laurie~Let's Knit It said...

what a great cocoa swap box!!! This is getting so exciting I love seeing everyone's. I getting antsy for my partner to received hers and for mine to arrive. :)