Saturday, February 21, 2009

Almost there

Well, the sweater is at least.  

I've got about 8 lace repeats of the last sleeve left to do.  Then blocking and buttons.  Hopefully I can sew on buttons straight.  I've never sewn a button before.  I always took the lazy route and had the dry cleaners repair buttons in the past.  Perhaps this will be the start to a new talent.  

The last skein of yarn was horribly tangled.  I put it on my swift and connected an end to my ball winder, as one normally would do.  But half a turn of the winder had the skein being pulled off the swift and yielding quite the mess.  It took me almost two hours to untangle the mess, which ended up being three piece of yarn.  One really long one, one kind of long one, and one really short one.  I've never had a skein with multiple yarn piece in it before.  As I started to untangle it, it felt like a metaphor for my life right now.  I feel like its a tangled up mess of pieces.  I only hope that I can be as successful at untangling that mess as I was at untangling my yarn.  

I never heard anything more from my friend as to any updates on what is going on.  In part, I want to start looking for other places, but its so hard to judge a place based on pictures alone.  Especially, when I am comparing those pictures to the loveliness of the apartment that I already did see.  I am thinking it will work out, but I don't want to trust that it will work out and then be scrambling to find a place and get loans secured and get settled in at the last minute before starting classes.  (I feel like that tangled mess of yarn!)

Its been a dull Saturday night around here.  I made another batch of cookies...  a version of chocolate chip with toffee chips added in as well.  Not quite as tasty as the chocolate chip ones of last week.  I think these ones had too much butter (is there such a thing?).  I'm working on getting a plan that will allow me to link to a site where I can have the recipes I make and create a database of them, along with notes and hints and tips.  I think I have a good idea, but I'm also debating a new site for this blog too, so I have to make my decision on that first. (and again, tangled mess....  can't a snap of my fingers just solve everything?)

1 comment:

km said...

I will be excited to see your recipes. I'm working on getting more of mine up...wish it was something fancy though.