Saturday, February 14, 2009

Boycotting the day..

I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day.  Its so overdone.  All the jewelry adds (especially the Jared ones), and the pushing of love in your face.  I'm all for love, but this year, well, it just makes me miss what I had a bit more.  I don't feel it any less.  Although it is tinged slightly with anger, disappointment, and a host of other emotions in regard to the lack of communication and sudden change of things in my life.  

I'm trying to focus on the loving me side of things.  In general and today.  And when it comes down to it, I have lots to love in life.  Friends, family, new adventures, the adventures I have had (who else can say they saw 35 of the 50 states this year alone?), somedays I have to convince myself I am the fabulous person that I am and that not having a husband or kids yet doesn't determine my fabulousness.  If I had those things, I'd not have been able to travel for my job like I have for the last two years.  I'd not be able to pick up and move to a new city to start school just because I know its time to do that.  And I do love me a good new adventure...  

Ok, enough of love...  Time for chocolate!  :)  (insert mug of hot chocolate here!)

I'm making progress on my sweater.  I had to rip back my sleeve, as I had attached it on the wrong side.  So, I had been knitting it inside out.  I thought something looked odd, but I couldn't quite figure it out.  Then I looked closely and realized that the body of the sweater was on the purl side, while the arm was on the knit side.  I'm almost to the elbow on the left sleeve though...  won't be long now til I have a full sweater.

And now I must go get ready for the 10th annual anti Valentine's Day Party.  

2 comments:

Leah said...

Eh, Valentine's Day is silly. I think this holiday is really for kids.

Plus, if you visit my blog, you'll see that St. Valentine was brutally martyred, so why do we celebrate that with giant boxes of chocolate?!?

km said...

My mom celebrated Valentine's Day big for us as kids. I always LOVED the holiday even when I didn't have a boy. My mom would give us kids a gift for breakfast lunch and dinner. If it was a 3 day president's day holiday weekend...then we got 3 gifts a day for 3 days! It was always something small. Like a pair of socks with hearts for me. A Hello Kitty pen. A magazine. We LOVED this. And in college...I bought all my girlfriends matching heart socks one year. And this year...I bought the kids each a crayola kit. But...yes...the over romanticized version is out of control.