Sunday, February 8, 2009

I think i ate too many cookies...

Mom got to come home from the hospital this morning.  And aside of the fact that her bed is too tall to get in and out of easily, is enjoying being home.  She's recovering well, and not even needing pain killers.  A side effect of the medicines they did give her seems to be that food doesn't taste all that good, so she asked for chewy chocolate chip cookies.  I gladly obliged, and then ate too many myself.  But, oh they tasted good.  I think I found a virtually perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies...  and then made it better with a blend of milk and semi sweet chips.  
I need to get back to my knitting.  I want to get my other fingerless mitt done this week.  Its starting to get warmer here (hopefully winter is drawing to a close) and I'd like to wear them before spring.  And I really want to finish up my sweater and start on the next one.  I think I have 3 inches or so of the lace left on the body and then I am able to switch over to the sleeves.  

And hopefully there will be good news from school in the next few days.  I am so anxious to know if I was accepted or not.  

Now if only I could kill this feeling inside.  The wanting him to call, but having no clue what I would want to say (if I want to yell cause I feel hurt and left behind, or just listen and know how he's been and what he's been going through).  The missing of the conversations we used to have, and that I wonder if we ever will again.  I know that I need to focus on me, which is something I am trying to do.  But I still want one of his hugs and his words to comfort me as I try to deal with all these other stresses of life.  One thing I do know is that I am looking forward to being in a new place that is mine.  I realized that I do like being alone...  truly alone...  in a space that is mine.  And I can't wait to have that again.  

And I also need to get my Cocoa Swap Package into the mail.  Its been a bit difficult to put together, as the sendee never posted much on her blog.  And then I had these issues with an etsy.com seller who hadn't mailed out a mug I purchased four days after I had paid for it and then got touchy when I asked why there seemed to be a shipping delay.  She ended up canceling out my order, and now I need to find a different mug and box everything up so it can be on its way.  

5 comments:

Code Purl said...

I say yell ;-)

Glad to hear your mom is home and starting her recovery. Julian made some cookies tonight too: dried mango, walnuts and milk choc chips. Yummy.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your cooking school app. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh sarah,
Sending you big hugs... I hope that you hear early this week from the Culinary arts school.. and that it will be the beginning of more good things to come. Hang in there...

km said...

I like dark chocolate in my cookies. When we splurge, we buy at least 60% cacao.

I *hope* you hear from the school soon. But, more than that, I *trust* that you'll be where you need to be. Like being there for your mom. I never could have forseen that one. So I don't want to pray for my desired outcome, but for your purpose.

And C...I'll yell at him if you want. No...just kidding. Do you have any mutual friends that can give you insite?

Laurie~Let's Knit It said...

Sarah (((Big Hug)) I so sorry your life has hit a rough patch. I hope things smooth out soon.
I don't like when people get touchy about asking questions in regards to an order placed. I still need to get my package mailed out too.

Katie said...

Oh, do post the cookie recipe! I'm always looking for new cookie recipes.